we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2009 11:57 am  #76

Re: Need critiques? Ask here!

Hi everyone! I would love a critique of my shop- I have been on etsy since May/June and havent sold much...what am I doing wrong? I know my woolies are for a specific market. I just dont know what else to do to get the ball rolling.....My friend suggested putting together scenes and selling as sets perhaps seasonally. For those of you with kids and who love seasonal decorations.......why wouldn't you buy something when you go to my site?  jtrescott.etsy.com  thanks!

10/12/2009 1:46 pm  #77

I don't have time to look in depth at your shop right now, but off the top of my head, your photography could be better. The photos aren't sharp enough - in particular when you photograph the woolies with other items. I'd suggest photographing them against/next to a ruler as well, to really show scale. I really had to play with my camera to figure out how to get the best pictures.

I also see you aren't using all your tags. You need to use all 14.

I'll try to get back again later...

10/13/2009 9:05 am  #78

Thanks twocatscreative, I have been struggling with the photos- the details are just so small and I am not equipped to get them done bysomeone who knows more than I, so struggle I go......the rule thing is a great idea, I never thought about that, though I see it in other's.  This may be a simple question, but , what other tage might I be using? i thought I was using all those which seemed to apply to my craft.....thanks for your thoughts! I really appreiciate them!

10/13/2009 10:38 am  #79

Try adding color tags to your items -- a lot of people will search for specific colors when making treasuries. Many of your items are multicolored so that should fill your 14-tag limit, easy. For items that only have one color, I've been using synonyms -- for example, I'll tag a red item with "scarlet" and "crimson" in addition to "red."

10/13/2009 11:26 am  #80

Also, instead of a ruler, you could photograph the woolies in someone's hand.

Do you still have the manual for your camera? Do you use a macro setting when you photograph them? Also, there are lots of articles on the Storque for photography. I feel your pain, though. It's not easy.

10/14/2009 6:08 am  #81

I would like to know why my jewelry isn't selling.  If I didn't sell well at craft shows I would feel as though it
was the jewelry itself.  What am I doing wrong?

10/14/2009 7:39 am  #82

Hi eleanordesigns,
I am in the same boat...I do really well at shows and have work in galleries, etc. but my sales aren't so hot on Etsy.
I could not find your site to look at your work. can you send it please?
Thanks.
Lucy
www.goodjewelry.etsy.com

10/14/2009 9:46 am  #83

Good jewelry the only thing I could find that I had a problem with your shop is that if I am buying earrings, I want to see
the ear wire in the picture.   You can find my shop at www.eleanorsdesigns.etsy.com.  If you are having trouble, you may
not have put in all the "s"s.
Jtrescott your woolies are adorable.  I think your pictures could be a little clearer.  I found the backgrounds clearer than
the item you are trying to sell.

10/14/2009 3:11 pm  #84

Eleanor,

I assume that is your real name not Harry or something.  I love your jewelry.  It's beautiful.  Couple of comments.

Good use of color descriptions.  That's important people search by color.  Also I see you are using all of your key words.  That's important as well.

I think on the lighter colored pieces the white background sort of washes them out.  Maybe try darker background for the light pieces so they pop.

I would also always include the name of the actual item in the title.  You want people to find you if they search on necklace.  The more that's in your descriptions and titles, the sooner you will come up on a search.  So Lemon Meringue (that was my fav) necklace instead of just lemon meringue.  Same goes for the descriptions so necklace made of czech beads instead of just czech beads.

Don't be afraid to gush more in your descriptions.  It's ok to call your own stuff stunning beautiful etc.  People want to buy from people who are excited about what they do.

And finally, Hippie chick taught me this.  If your banner has your name in it you can use your shop title to describe what you do.  So for example  I carry a beautiful selection of handbeaded jewelry created with love by me.  Or some other description.

The jewelry is beautiful and prices seem fair.  Are you doing any other things to promote?  Forums, blogs, facebook or twitter? 

Hope this helps.

Christl

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

10/14/2009 3:21 pm  #85

thanks dobatseatcats and twocatscreative....I am going to seriously learn all of the options on my camera....I havent given it the time it deserves...too busy doing the part I love!  things are never as easy as one would like...but that makes it worth it and remains part of the process......oh growth! 

10/14/2009 6:00 pm  #86

I need some feedback on these blankets.  I am considering upping the price to $22.95 and reducing the shipping to $4.00.  What do ya'll think?  I have had over 100 views, but no buys.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28908862

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

10/14/2009 11:03 pm  #87

That would probably work out good Charissa....it's at least worth a shot. I'm right there with ya...some of my items have almost 200 views and no buys what's up with that?

10/14/2009 11:14 pm  #88

I'd like to put my avatar up but have no idea how.  lol.   If someone would look at my shop and maybe tell me why I have no sales I'd love it.  (I think I would anyhow)  Thanks!!!

http:/lmturnedart.etsy.com

10/15/2009 2:54 am  #89

lmturnedart - I Love your stuff. So beautiful. I especially love this one:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30350974

I have no idea why your art isn't selling...I'd buy that clock in a heartbeat if I had $50 to spare.

Your photos are good, your prices are reasonable, even your shipping costs are reasonable...

one little suggestion - I think some items should have a different photo as the main photo. For example this one:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=29721810
I'd use the photo with the flowers in it. I think some people just need you to give them ideas as to how they would use your product.

10/15/2009 7:10 am  #90

Thank you fiberpuppy.  I appreciate your constructive suggestions.

10/15/2009 4:38 pm  #91

Hey Eleanor,
I agree with fiber puppy. Your things are really nice but the white background make them hard to see...or maybe that is my over 40 year old eyes! I would photograph them closer up as well. It is hard to see any detail in the main photo.  The main photo doesn't grab you...that make sense?
Lucy
www.goodjewelry.etsy.com

10/16/2009 3:25 pm  #92

OK, I think I might have gotten carried away with this one. What do you think?
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32726307

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

10/19/2009 1:02 pm  #93

Thanks for the info Christl - I never thought about the Komen tag or adding cards in my titles. I had a revelation on my blog a week ago about titles, keywords and tags but apparently it was that great of a revelation because I haven't done anything with it yet. Back to working on my shop!

Rose, great photos, the images are so sharp and clear. The necklace isn't something I would buy, not my style but you should submit that to craftgawker and see what happens to the views and maybe a sale will occur!

www.craftsforacure.etsy.com
http://craftsforacure-elizabeth.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/craftsforacure

11/03/2010 9:48 am  #94

Hi All--just joined etsydlisters and would love a critique!  I opened in late August, just listed my 100th item, and have had 11 sales (and if we're not counting friends and family, then 2 sales--eek!)

Thanks and I'm off to check out other posts here!

Last edited by WaterlilyStudio (11/03/2010 9:51 am)

Shop:  http://waterlilystudio.etsy.com
Blog:  www.waterlilystudio.com
Twitter:  @waterlilystudio
Facebook: Waterlily Studio

3/11/2021 1:40 pm  #95

my god ashlea you frightened me then i thought you were gonna say you found a tumor or something sorry i cant help here im no good with flea stuff

2/16/2022 2:05 am  #96

very horny mmmmmmmmmmm
granny got a nice body
So ne geile alte nutte
tennessee.pw/nylon/electronics charging station with surge power strip

Dylan ryder gives a blowjob pov
Japanese elem. school girl fuck video unc.
Teens with big natural tits in bikini
Sexy indian actress images free

5/01/2022 4:54 am  #97

Agree. Made me fall into this story.
“Come here,” she called in a kind of hoarse voice. I went.
[url=love-girls24.com]read more.[/url]. - Yes, even now I don’t want trouble, but Vika told me in such a way that from some stories it became wet in her panties. If especially in a condom, then everything will be fine. I want this maybe more than you.
"Aren't you shy?"
Wow, what a handsome man! Oh, get up again!
I am Maria Vladimirovna. Sergei.
But that was only the beginning. She soon learned the bitter fruits of her sluggishness and mystique when the audience got into the habit of pestering her. All she could say was - Hey! What only amused them.

Board footera