we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2009 5:17 am  #1

Goal Setting

I have joined the Etsy Kids street team and noticed that in their discussion boards, they have a monthly topic for posting goals.  Anyone interested?

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

9/26/2009 10:00 am  #2

Re: Goal Setting

I'm down It doesn't hurt to have something to look at as far as goals are concerned. They tend to be very motivating!

9/26/2009 10:08 am  #3

Ok so I have written up my goals for this week:

1.  Tweet daily.
2.  Read and comment in Flickr groups.
3.  List at least 1 new item this week.
4.  Read and comment on 1 blog everyday.

I have spent a lot of time working on where to advertise that I am feeling very overwhelmed.  Time to break it down into smaller chunks.

Charissa

9/26/2009 11:23 am  #4

Here's what my Etsy sellers guide says, I don't always do this so I suppose this would be a good set of goals for me.

Mon/Wed/Fri

1 blog post
5 tweets
upload items on Flikr (which I need to start an account)
comment 5 blogs
respond/post to at least 5 threads in forums and groups
participate on Facebook-comment, update status, groups

Tuesday

1 blog post
5 tweets
start 2 discussions on Forums
Join Flikr group and post pics

Thursday
Contact bloggers who may feature your work
1 blog post
5 tweets
respond/post at least 5 threads in forums and groups

So looks like i've got alot to do LOL

9/26/2009 4:24 pm  #5

That does sound like a lot!

Charissa

9/26/2009 5:44 pm  #6

whenever i set goals, i end up not keeping to them!!

i'm going to clear a little bit more of my time so i can set reasonable goals and keep to them.

right now my goal is to get the ideas i have into action and get creating so that i have more items in my shop.

9/28/2009 8:20 am  #7

Wow Christy, that sounds like a lot!  Good luck to you.  We'll help keep you on track with your goals.

My goals for this week are:

Tweet daily
Redo all my photos (yuck!)
List my new items

~Nicole
www.monkeeta.com

Blog:  http://monkeeta.blogspot.com  |  Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/monkeeta  |  Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/monkeeta

9/28/2009 11:21 am  #8

I think by looking at it as a weekly whole it looks super overwhelming. If I were to break it down by day it wouldn't feel that way so much. I now have to add that at least once if not twice daily I need to contribute the the message board, and also research for at least 30-60 min a couple times a week. Ugh. I had applied to the regional nevada team which happens to only cover reno at this point, and she told me she's been approached a bunch about having people from vegas join and she said that they don't do that and that I should start a team myself. RIGGGGGGGGGGHT! Not happening, I run our team, am now a part of the createcrochet team, and have to on top of that stock and manage my shop, manage the message board, find time for my husband and kids etc etc. I can't take on another team I'd be swamped. LOL

12/25/2020 9:03 am  #9

Dr. Bill,  WOW you make allot of rosarys. Dont feel bad if you cant make them when you are not feeling well. you make allot more than I do. About setting a goal for how many you can make by Christmas, I think you should not worry about it and just keep on making as many as your health will permit you. Our Mother Mary appreciated any amount that we can make. I really have no idea if you were able to make 600 during Lent. Ill say you can make well over 1000. May God Bless You. And may God give you lots of strength to accomplish any goal you set for yourself.

Board footera