we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2009 5:34 pm  #1

New forum/Topics/General Admin forum stuff

Hi All,

Wanted to run some ideas by y'all about the forum.  I've had some input on ideas/ suggestions for new topics etc.  I'm happy to create new forums as needed, but am a bit concerned that this turns everything into a spider web and no one can find anything.  I know there are some moderators out there. Any suggestions.  Are there usually guidelines for this kind of thing?

I'm an am person so I'm on the board on and off most of the day so I'm happy to take care of requests during the day.  Maybe we can have an admin chat to discuss general guidelines.

Also or more specifically, I want to create an forum for D-lister Alchemy.  JEDesigns asked for fake food in one forum and I noticed that someone posted that they make crochet food in another. This might be more important as Christmas rolls around.  I know I'd buy from a d-lister first.    This might also be something that could go on our facebook as well.  Fans requesting handmade stuff.  I dunno. 

Christl

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

10/10/2009 6:56 pm  #2

Re: New forum/Topics/General Admin forum stuff

I agree that the forums need to be more streamlined.  I like the idea about the Alchemy threads.

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

10/11/2009 4:45 am  #3

Agreed. I'm personally having a bit of a hard time navigating this forum - it's not as user or admin friendly as the ones I frequent... not complaining - I just need to spend more time figuring things out!!

I will try to spend some time this week getting more familiar with things.

10/11/2009 4:53 am  #4

OK, I gotta go get the kiddos dressed and sorted out before I go to work (new job today at a large craft supplies retailer - this will either be heaven or hell!). BUT, I did have a quick look at the admin area of the forum and it looks like we can set up an area that will only be visible to admins/moderators if we set it up that way. If I'm right, this will be great because we can post to our heart's content about how to manage the forum, events, etc, without clogging up the board for other members with our ramblings.

Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned job above, I'm pretty much out of the picture today unless I'm not totally beat after my shift. If anyone has time to play around with it, the section I'm looking at is called 'User Groups'. Also, there is a section called 'User Ranks' which could be useful, too. For example, it allows you to set minimum post counts. This could be useful to prevent non-participating members from taking advantage of things like business card sharing events, etc.

Board footera