we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2009 6:08 pm  #26

Re: I have a gripe and need to rant about it.

dobatseatcats...exactly!!!  plus if you're literally making everything by hand can you imagine what price you'd have to put on items?  not everyone wants to pay tons of money for an item of jewellery, and not everyone likes the look of them. 

I personally used to buy similar things to the style i have in my store now.  thats what i like and where my creativity leads me...and some people like it and appreciate it and those who dont, dont have to look at my store!!

urgh!

10/04/2009 1:36 am  #27

I agree with you BrillianceFound variety is the spice of life Not to mention what would life be like if we didn't have our freedom of choice (arfire/Etsy) Who cares which site you choose to sell your wares on as long as you're happy with what you're doing

10/10/2009 1:35 pm  #28

Positive energy is crucial for success. No matter what time you go on the forums there is always a thread like "have you noticed how bad views are?" And similar posts. That is the last thing that we need to focus on. Sometimes I think folks want to discourage others intentionally and they also love to complain about etsy. Compared to ebay, etsy is heaven!

That is one reason that I am keeping my fingers crossed that this team will stay positive and focus on the ways we can support each other and help to grow each others businesses.

10/10/2009 4:37 pm  #29

I once I posted about being overcharged for shipping, people were really mean.
I don't start threads anymore, occasionally on the promo forum to promote my blog, some time I answer someone with a concern and usually I mark some thread that might be interested in the business topic.

and BTW, there is etsy police. Next time I'm gonna post some links for you guys about the police

10/10/2009 9:18 pm  #30

I'm really tired of the forums .  Seems they're all quite negative and not a good place to be hanging out at all.  I seem to keep getting caught up in the find the resellers forum.  And I'm now at the point that it's up to etsy to go find them and get them removed, I'm way too busy with other things to get invlved in that crap.  I like it here because we all seem to just enjoy what we're doing and want to share it.  I know I much prefer to go make sawdust than sit here and watch them all complain about things they can't change.  Welcome home to the D List!!!!!

http:/lmturnedart.etsy.com

Board footera