we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2009 10:17 am  #1

Need critiques? Ask here!

So if you need any shop, avatar, banner, photo etc. critiques discuss them here

9/22/2009 9:37 pm  #2

Re: Need critiques? Ask here!

would love a critique.  havent had a sale this month, and it's somewhat depressing me.  i cant afford to relist 10 times a day sadly!

would love to know your opinions on my shop in general.  any feedback would be lovely

www.amzjewellerydesigns.etsy.com

thank you

9/23/2009 10:20 am  #3

I really love your bracelets, the chunky design is very cool Your banner is great! and your overall shop look is nice as well. Only thing I could say is that in some of your pictures the item has a huge shadow on one side and from what i've read about taking good photos, that's not so good. like this as an example

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30796111

9/23/2009 11:29 am  #4

You're jewelry is beautiful.  I would agree about the pictures.  Maybe take them outside in full sun for less shadow.  I am really new to photography so I am not sure.

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

9/23/2009 11:34 am  #5

Please look at our shop.  We are still really new and working out the kinks.  www.mimisbabies.etsy.com

Charissa

9/23/2009 11:40 am  #6

mimi, your site is just great!  Love this  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29060075

Just keep promoting and networking and try a few sales and free shipping weekends.  I got a sale that way.  (not that I'm an expert with only 2 sales ;-(  But, I think that's all going to change soon. 

Keep shining on , you site is fine to me.

9/23/2009 11:50 am  #7

Thanks!  I like the idea of a free shipping weekend!

www.mimisbabies.etsy.com

www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

Last edited by mimisbabies (9/23/2009 11:56 am)

Charissa

9/23/2009 1:26 pm  #8

Take a look at my shop please!  I know my pictures kinda suck...  my external flash died and I keep forgetting to pick up batteries!

www.pinkbubbleboutique.etsy.com

9/23/2009 1:32 pm  #9

pinkbubble- Try taking pictures outside in a diffused light. you can always hang a sheet behind the items for a crisp clean background. Read the postings in the pictures forum there's some great tips in there for taking awesome pics!

9/23/2009 1:48 pm  #10

Christy...

Thanks for the tips.  I'm a photographer as well...    doesn't show, does it?  haha.  I'm going to fix the pictures tomorrow.  My friend just brought me new batteries.  I just wanted to get the items up...  fixing, fixing, fixing.   

9/23/2009 1:52 pm  #11

LOL I would have had no idea that you were a photographer. My husbands step brother is a photographer and some of his photos are amazing...but he has a crazy expensive camera and a ton of experience lol I wish I could have him come take my product pics but he lives all the way in florida! He actually just took family pictures of us while we were there last month and they turned out fantastic.

9/23/2009 4:41 pm  #12

thanks guys.  However the weather doesnt really help in trying to get decent pictures!!

although i did buy a natural white light lamp, so i'm going to purchase another and make a light box and see if they improve and get those shadows out.

also thinking about reducing my prices for my newer items...really need a sale!!!!

and mimi, thats my youngest daughters nickname:D  i love your crochets hats, i'm going to convo you about making 2 for my daughters if possible

9/23/2009 4:42 pm  #13

I would love to make hats for your daughters.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Amzjewellerydesigns wrote:

thanks guys.  However the weather doesnt really help in trying to get decent pictures!!

although i did buy a natural white light lamp, so i'm going to purchase another and make a light box and see if they improve and get those shadows out.

also thinking about reducing my prices for my newer items...really need a sale!!!!

and mimi, thats my youngest daughters nickname:D  i love your crochets hats, i'm going to convo you about making 2 for my daughters if possible

Charissa

9/23/2009 5:09 pm  #14

mimi I really love your bugalicious baby blanket it's so cute! Only drawback is the picture is a bit fuzzy so I can't really see the detail in the fabric

9/23/2009 7:23 pm  #15

Amzjewellerydesigns From what I can see I like your stuff.  But from the photos all I see is sparkle.  I can't see what the jewelry looks like in low light.  Maybe try hanging a white sheet behind where the sun is coming from.

I'm one to talk I'm having so many photo issues.

Wish you luck

Christl

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

9/24/2009 2:46 am  #16

HippieChickBoutique wrote:

mimi I really love your bugalicious baby blanket it's so cute! Only drawback is the picture is a bit fuzzy so I can't really see the detail in the fabric

I'll take another picture.  The fabric is really cute.  It has bugs all over it.

Charissa

9/24/2009 1:06 pm  #17

I would love some serious input on my shop.  As you can see I have not had a sale yet, but I am patient. I've been relisting several items and trying to correct earlier mistakes.  I've listed 4 new items titled Bold and beautiful if you could comment on those to see if I'm getting it.  Sorry I don't know how to give you the listing links.  rosepetalsjewelry@etsy.com

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

9/24/2009 1:11 pm  #18

Rose, If you click on your "Profile" tab and then click on Avatar and Signature, you can add your link.  Then your link will show on all your posts.

~~Margie
www.kangarooknits.etsy.com

9/24/2009 1:20 pm  #19

I'll bite, where's my profile tab?

Rose

9/24/2009 1:25 pm  #20

rose wrote:

I'll bite, where's my profile tab?

It's at the top of this page under the Etsy D Listers title. 

~~Margie

9/24/2009 1:40 pm  #21

Thanks for the info.  Let's see if it worked for me....

Charissa

9/24/2009 3:00 pm  #22

I can't be this stupid. I think I'm doing it, but it's just not working.

Rose

9/24/2009 3:09 pm  #23

rose wrote:

I can't be this stupid. I think I'm doing it, but it's just not working.

For your etsy link, try typing:  www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com  (Don't use the @...the @ is used for your email address)

~~Margie

9/24/2009 3:27 pm  #24

I didn't use the @. I typed https://www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com.jpeg

Rose

9/26/2009 7:50 pm  #25

I would love to hear constrictive crit from anyone who is willing!

Board footera