we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2009 6:11 am  #1

Does anyone make felt play food (toys)?

I would like to buy felted play food as holiday gifts for all of the kids in my family.
Thanks!
Julie

www.JulieEllynDesigns.etsy.com
www.JEDBridal.etsy.com
www.JulieEllynDesigns.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/JEDdesigns

10/07/2009 11:19 am  #2

Re: Does anyone make felt play food (toys)?

Oh man, well fiberpuppy does felted items, maybe you could ask her if that's something she could do for you. I've been contemplating doing food items lately, just because I could put them together in baskets for kitchen decor and that would fit in with what I already do. I never thought about felting them but it's always a possibility, it's just that at this point I really can't go out and buy what I would need to do that kind of item. I also wanted to do it to give them to my 3 y/o to play with since she really likes playing with the mini shopping carts.

10/07/2009 2:04 pm  #3

Hi Julie,

That's such a great idea.  I wish I could (maybe by next christmas).  You need someone who specializes in needle felting.  (Basically instead of knitted fabric you start with loose wool).

Maybe check out the section on what crafts you do to see if anyone specializes in that.

Good luck. 

Christl

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

10/08/2009 7:38 am  #4

I think a lot of the felt food you see on Etsy is also just made from high quality sheets of felt. Like you'd buy at Michaels, but better. There are places to order that from, including Etsy supplies sellers.

Board footera