we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2009 2:00 am  #1

Insomnia

So i'm sure that some of you have noticed that i make posts on here late at night sometimes....well i'm not an insomniac by any means...it's just that this is probably my most productive time of day. My kids and husband are in bed and it's just me and my little kitty boy (Gary) hanging out. I manage to get more done and for some reason my brain functions really well at this time of night. I've always been a late night person though, dunno why, I just really like the night time. I really hope that everyone is getting good info here, and that you guys are happy with the way things are going as far as the team is concerned. I'm doing my best to find good information for everyone to utilize I really want to see everyone do well! Well guys it is that time....I try not to stay up any later than 3am and tomorrow/today i'm going to the tattoo convention here in Vegas so i'm pretty excited about that and don't want to be wiped out. Although I did end up passing out sitting straight up on the couch at about 10pm, it came out of nowhere and next thing I know i'm like instantly tired, so tired I could barely keep my eyes open and then I magically woke up at midnight and have been up since LOL what a wierdo. 

10/04/2009 4:37 am  #2

Re: Insomnia

I'm find myself not sleeping very well lately because the creative juices really start flowing when I lie down in bed. THen I just want to get up and sew, sew, sew.

I think these forums and all these resources are fantastic!!!

10/04/2009 7:51 am  #3

I don't suffer from insomnia but I go to bed really early, sometimes by 8:00.  But, I get up early---usually around 4:30 even if I stay up late.  I have always been a morning person and usually by 2:00 p.m. I begin to slow down which really sucked when I worked. lol

~~Margie
www.kangarooknits.etsy.com

10/04/2009 3:29 pm  #4

i'm the same.  i tend to stay up till 3-4am...i dont currently work so that helps!  I also cant seem to get much done during the day, with the kids, the hosue and husband!  so it's much more epaceful this time of night to work.  plus the action on etsy seems to occur at that time, since you're a good 5-8 hours behind the UK time!  so i'm going by US time now

10/04/2009 10:15 pm  #5

find it hard to concentrate during the day while my kids are awake, i'll get working on something and next thing I know my 3 y/o (Laura) needs something to eat/drink, potty etc. or my 8 mo old (Daisy) is hungry or just wants to be picked up and played with or my kitten is pawing at my feet and scratching me. LOL not to mention I do my housework and stuff like that in the day time...it's just really hard to concentrate at times. At night it's so peaceful and quiet, my cat sleeps on my lap, the kids and husband are in bed, silence is like beautiful music to me. I've never been a morning person I hate waking up early LOL

10/08/2009 1:20 am  #6

I'm always up at late too; it's my most creative time. And I'm definitely not a morning person. Finally, I am starting to accept this! Now only if the rest of the world would

Finding Brilliance has never been easier.
Shop latest collections.
Learn more.

10/08/2009 7:24 am  #7

I didn't post last night but I suddenly shot awake at 3 a.m. and had to check the treasury clock thinking maybe I could get one.  I am determined to get one.  My husband thinks I'm crazy.  But normally, I'm a morning gal.

Christl

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

10/08/2009 10:58 pm  #8

Most of the best work I do is at night, I'm so insomniac!!!!  And when I do sleep its 2-3 hours period.   But I can get out and clean up in his shop as much as I can, till the dust gets me going and I have to stop.  He thinks elves do that.  Same as the one who changes the toilet paper I guess!!!  Then I'm on here searching for the darn resellers , lately there have been a few!!!  Or just redoing pictures and cleaning as much as I'm capable of cleaning.  Remember when all that stuff really needed to be done???   Well, take it from a overzealous 60 yr old with COPD, not so much now.  I just go till I can't and then its ehnough.  Fortunately hubby can go play at the sawdust factory lmao.   2 or 3 trips in the house and you can't tell if I vacuumed today or last month!!!   Now I wait for the kids to visit and they help me clean good!!!

http:/lmturnedart.etsy.com

10/09/2009 3:05 am  #9

I am totally a morning person.  When it gets late, I have to find a quiet place and put myself in it.  Mornings are the time of day when I get the most stuff done.

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

10/10/2009 2:47 am  #10

I'm with you Charissa.  I'm usually asleep by 10pm.  Although I do have to be up at 6am to get ready for work... but even on the weekends, I love mornings!  In my house, that is the quiet time. I feel the most alert early in the morning.

10/10/2009 3:36 am  #11

I guess it's a throw back from when my kids were young. I'm defiantly a morning person.  For years I watched a show called Law. When the reruns came out I found out it was  Law and Order. I was always asleep for the Order part.  Now it's not a total rerun.  Off to my craft fair, wish me luck.

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

10/10/2009 8:45 am  #12

Oh my gosh Rose, that's too funny! 

Good luck with your craft fair!

10/10/2009 1:09 pm  #13

Hippie, that explains a lot. I thought you were an early morning person as I am on eastern standard time and keep seeing your posts at 5 am. I am a morning person so that made perfect sense to me. Now I see that you are actually up late. Not me. I get up early but I'm usually in bed early.

10/11/2009 12:23 am  #14

I stay up til at least 1 or 2 in the morning most nights...sometimes even 3 or 4 LOL I'm a total night owl...and yeah i'm a west coastie...I live in Vegas

Board footera