we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2009 11:39 am  #1

Team Responsibilities

Ok so of course Soulstone and I are running the end of things in regards to adding people to the team and referring them to the message board. Sandy also does the D List Blog, and I am doing the message board for the most part. Charissa (mimisbabies) Has taken on the team twitter and assisting me with the message board. If there's anyone else out there that would like to take on the responsibility like a facebook fan page or anything else let me know i'd love to have any help that I can get! I have alot to do in the upcoming week with getting the rest of the messages out there to those that I compiled on the original D List as well as catching up those that are recently messaging to join.

I'm also finding that i'm having issues with people joining the board and not participating so i'm going to start a thread in the forums on Etsy under the teams category and we'll have a monthly thread to go to for those that choose not to participate here ( I had someone tell me they had issues with posting to private message boards) I figure that way no one has a reason to not participate amongst the team. If I still continue to have issues with members not posting I will make sure that person no longer has the perks of being a part of the team and their name will be removed from the list. If anyone has problems/issues with this policy of 5 posts a month to be active please let me know and I can make exceptions for those that have a good reason. Thanks everyone! I will post a link to the forum thread here once I create it.

10/03/2009 11:41 am  #2

10/03/2009 12:06 pm  #3

Re: Team Responsibilities

oh and in advance excuse the form message that i'll be sending out if you're already here and on the team list. I'm just sending it out to everyone that way all of the policies are clear and people get the information about tagging. So if you get a message from me on etsy just disregard it if you already know the info

10/03/2009 2:04 pm  #4

I'm happy to help out with something on the message board. What I've found on other forums is that certain people are assigned certain sections of the forum to moderate. I'd love to offer to do the FB fan page, but to be perfectly honest, I'm having a hard enough time with my own!

Let me know if you want my help on here (we're also completely different time zones which can be useful as well!).

Caryn

10/03/2009 6:14 pm  #5

i would love to help.  i'm more familiar with flickr...sort of...perhaps have a flickr page where you cans end me your pictures of your new items and i can upload them on the page.  just add your shop address and other details, plus name of product and i'll see how it can be set up..

i dont mind helping elsewhere, although my computing abilities are a little patchy.

10/03/2009 6:59 pm  #6

I think that in flickr, you can some how set up a group and individuals can add their pics.  Some groups set a daily limit of pics that can be added.  It would be nice if someone checked to make sure that the people adding to the Flickr group were members of our group.

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

10/04/2009 1:29 am  #7

Amna- a Flickr account would be great, check into the group account that Charissa mentioned. If not we can figure something out with sending you pics i'd love to have you do that

Caryn- That would be cool I'll set you up as an administrator that way you can Charissa can both help me with stuff you think would be useful/helpful

Thanks everyone that is offering to help you guys rock!

10/04/2009 3:33 pm  #8

i'll check out the group one, although theyre mainly for discussion.  i am a meber of a couple of groups, but have no idea how they work!!  but i'll check how it all works tomorrow and let you know

10/05/2009 11:05 am  #9

ok i signed up a yahoo e-mail address with the d listers team, and set up a flickr team from there, it's an invite group but it is public so tohers can view discussion and photos!

so join here and add your pictures.  I'm admin there, if anyone wants to be mod let me know once you sign up.  i'll check tonight to give whoever has joined access to the account

http://www.flickr.com/groups/etsydlisters/

you need a yahoo account and a flickr account, which is seriously easy to sign up to if you dont have one already

10/05/2009 11:15 am  #10

That's awesome Amna!  Thanks! I'm all signed up.

10/05/2009 12:58 pm  #11

Thanks!  Going to join the group there now!

Charissa

10/05/2009 2:01 pm  #12

I just signed up for the group.  Thanks!

~Nicole
www.monkeeta.com

Blog:  http://monkeeta.blogspot.com  |  Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/monkeeta  |  Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/monkeeta

10/06/2009 8:20 am  #13

I would love to help as well.  I (like Caryn) am a bit befuddled by the FB fan page myself so probably not the best person for that.  I would be happy to moderate or whatever else I can do.

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

10/06/2009 8:52 am  #14

sorry i wasnt able to add anyone eysterday night, was a little out of it and went to bed early...i think i'm coming down with the flu:S:S

but i've accepted everyone so far whose applied, and started a topic.  i just need to figure out how you add pictures ontot he group one now!

10/06/2009 11:23 am  #15

I'd love to help, but I don't have face book, twitter or a blog (if the truth be known I don't have a cell phone). So if you can think of anything else I'd be game. I have time.
Rose

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

10/06/2009 1:19 pm  #16

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted any new stuff lately, I haven't even been making stuff for my shop. I have had alot to deal with lately. Yesterday I found out that someone got a hold of my debit card info and wiped out my bank account granted i'll get the money back, but it still sucks and i've been dealing with the bank alot. I told the lady that I needed to have them process my claim ASAP as Laura's birthday is this weekend and I was intending to buy her a bike. The woman then proceeded to tell me that i'll get it when I get it and I asked her, do you want to be the one telling a 3 year old that she's not getting a bike for her birthday because some person stole mommy's money? She then said well I can have it back in 3-5 business days instead of the normal 7-10. So that's positive. I'm going to try my best to get some new stuff posted for you guys today or tomorrow so keep an eye out.

10/06/2009 3:26 pm  #17

Ohh Christy.  That stinks.  I had a similar situation.  My husband wrote a check to the IRS for $1,000 but unfortunately his ones look like sevens so the IRS took 7,000.  The bank acted like it was our fault.  Meanwhile we are scrambling to not have every check bounce.  We finally called in a favor and got the name of a manager at the bank who reemed out the teller who gave us such a hard time.

Good luck and give the birthday girl a hug.

fiberpuppy@comcast.net

10/06/2009 3:32 pm  #18

OMG,  that happened to me a few years ago.  I watched on online banking as the person used my card all the way from Florida to Virginia and there wasn't anything I could do.  It was cancelled but the transactions were coming in after the fact.  I was furious!  It can be totally stressful.  But my bank did reimbursed me too.  You will be able to put it all behind you soon.  Thank goodness you got the bike for your daughter.

Funny, I'm posting here and I can hear my husband listening to Kathy Griffin on HBO... the original D Lister!   She was my inspiration for the D List thread.  And now I'm a D Lister!  How funny is that?!

10/06/2009 5:07 pm  #19

Hi All,

I was wondering if we could help Christy out by being board admin for either particular forums or for certain days/times.  I'm most available during the daytime. 

Also Sandy,  I had an idea if it would help the blog.  Maybe some of us could share some techniques on the blog to showcase what we do.  I would be willing to do a post on how I create the textured felted shibori bobbles.  That way you could have a day off or so.

Let me know.  We all want to help.

fiberpuppy@comcast.net

10/06/2009 5:14 pm  #20

The blog idea would be fun. 

Christy - Sorry to hear about your account.  I hate dealing with stuff like that!!!!

Charissa

10/07/2009 2:57 am  #21

I'd be happy to start a blog (i don't think anyone has started that?).  then we can assign administrators (a few of us die hard dlisters) to add content.  fiberPuppy, love the idea of featuring different dlisters techniques, art, and maybe what they do in their day (if they have one) job etc....

If it's ok with Christy, I'll get that started.

Sandy

Last edited by soulstone321 (10/07/2009 2:57 am)

10/07/2009 5:55 am  #22

Christy, I feel for you!!!  My little boy is turning 2 in November and can't imagine the stress of possibly not being able to get his gift.  They just wouldn't understand at this age.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

I am available to help with the blog.  I would be glad to write or research anything.   I do work full-time during the day but can squeeze in some time at night to help.

Amy

www.ducksinarowboutique.etsy.com

10/07/2009 7:53 am  #23

So sorry to hear that happened to you Christy!

I'm available to help with whatever you need.  I'm normally somewhere online most of the day and night (well at least checking things out while taking a break from making stuff so I can stock my shops soon!)

10/07/2009 11:31 am  #24

I have been emailing back and forth with Charissa about doing D lister interviews to post on a blog. I think that's going to be fun and it goes right along with featuring talents and artistic abilities I already gave Sandy the go ahead on starting a team blog so any ideas you guys think would be good for that make sure to let her know. We also discussed holding chats, I can do at least one a week and Sandy said she could as well, so anyone else that wants to do a chat let me know. Maybe we could get 3 or 4 a week going so everyone has a chance to participate.

I'm going to try to get together a list of things people have volunteered to do and post it here so that everyone knows who's doing what and who they need to talk to if they want to add anything in. Also that way wires aren't crossed and I have two people doing the same thing. I really want to thank everyone for all of their help! I really enjoy the positive attitudes everyone has and willingness to help, I would be so swamped without all of the help!

I also want to thank everyone for their well wishes in regards to my bank situation. Good news is I did get Laura's bike so i'm happy about that and can't wait to give it to her We'll be celebrating on Sunday and I just want it to get here faster!

10/07/2009 11:59 am  #25

Wow Christy, glad you got the bike and so sorry about what happened to you.  I guess I've been pretty lucky lately with thst stuff, a few years ago someone took my Kohl's card and had a great shopping day but eventually it got straightened out.  I'd love to help out but honestly, I'm still trying to get my facebook and etsy on the same link.  I have no idea what I'm doing, about the only thing I'm pretty good at is turning wood anymore.  If something comes up that you think I can do for us I'll be happy to try it on for you!!

http:/lmturnedart.etsy.com

Board footera