we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2009 11:35 am  #1

Post what you create here

So I was asked by someone to open a new forum to list everything that you guys all make. Now it can include anything that you may not have listed in your shop as well. Like me, i'm one of those "jack of all crafts" except knitting LOL I do a little bit of everything. I do alot of Crochet, but when it comes to painting or decor type items I can do that sort of thing too. I'm even open to being asked if i'm capable of something. The worst I can say is no LOL

9/28/2009 12:49 pm  #2

Re: Post what you create here

Well I do jewelry (which is mainly what I have in my shop) but I also do quilting, crocheting and I would love to learn to knit.

9/28/2009 1:01 pm  #3

At MiMi's Babies, we sew, monogram, knit, and crochet.  We specialize in baby items, but are up for making anything. 

Dishcloths, hats, monogrammed shirts, buggy buddies, and baby blankets are a few of the things you will find in our shop. 

We enjoy the challenge of custom orders.

Charissa

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

9/28/2009 5:00 pm  #4

I'm a graphic designer and art historian by trade (well, an unemployed one  ). I chose the products I am currently selling, decorative mats for photographs, because at the time I researched it, there didn't seem to be many people at all selling this on Etsy and it was something I figured I could do fairly well.

Of course the day I opened shop, I did an Etsy search again and someone else is doing similar! Oh well.

However, I want my shop to be like a real store... the kind you want to go into and browse around. So we will be trying a lot of different products. I've got some Christmas ornaments and placemats in the works, ideas for magnets, ideas for journals, ideas for gift tags, etc. The tag line for the shop is 'interesting things for the home' so that gives me a lot of scope!

I've also got some ideas for pendants but I'm hesitating to try them on Etsy because it's so saturated with jewelry makers!

9/29/2009 12:33 am  #5

I make jewelry featuring genuine semi-precious stones and silver.  It's all about the stones with me.  I love natural stones that let light through, especially moonstones and labradorite. 

But... I'm also working on some handmade scarves.  I like to call them indoor scarves because at my full time job, the office is always freezing (even though it's like 95 degrees outside).  So, sometimes I just like to wrap something soft and cuddly around my neck while I'm working.  Not sure how they will turn out. Not sure if I will add them to my current shop or open a new shop. If they look like kaka, I may not list them at all and just wear them myself.  I'll let you know 

9/29/2009 2:49 am  #6

I make children's clothing - I am a total sewing addict. I started by sewing clothing for my kids and myself and then decided to give Etsy a try after getting many compliments.

I tend to not make tons of the same item in different sizes because I love variety. I used to paint and each painting is different so I think I've carried that forward with the clothing I sew - each item looks different! HOWEVER, I don't have a problem making another copy of an item in my shop in a different size. I LOVE custom orders!

9/29/2009 7:48 am  #7

We build custom vintage lamps. Table lamps, hanging lamps, wall sconces. These are always unique and one of a kind. Please stop by and check them out. We just lowered several of our prices.

9/29/2009 9:34 am  #8

I knit, crochet, felt and needlefelt mostly.  Right now I am mostly obsessed with fiber and would love to be able to afford a loom to weave and learn to spin.  I've done some fabric and fiber dyeing as well. By default for some of my stuff I have to hand sew but I really don't enjoy it that much.  I am totally in awe of all you guys who sew.  I did a foray into sewing potholders for Xmas one year and ended up giving away my sewing machine in disgust.  In fact  I still have a trash bag filled with graphic t-shirts that I wanted to make a quilt out of.  Maybe some day I can commission someone to do that for me.

The other thing I am obsessed with lately is canning and cooking.  I canned 45 jars of jam in 2 weeks straight in my itty bitty kitchen.  I also can pickles and tomatoes and whatever comes out of the garden. 

It's funny I never thought I'd be such a happy homemaker when I graduated from Law School, but what can I say I love to make things.

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

9/29/2009 11:33 am  #9

fiberpuppy-LOL funny thing I asked my parents to get me a sewing machine for christmas! I love sewing and learned how to do it at a pretty young age. My grandma had one of those singer cabinet machines and that's what I learned on. Now don't think it was one I had to hand crank haha it was electric and had a pedal. But it was super cool and one of my most fond memories of her.

I love LOVE LOVE to cook, I haven't tried canning yet, I have a cookbook with a few cool canning recipes i want to try I think one is green tomato pickles. Curious more than anything LOL

I'm the same way, people always trip out a little bit when they find out that I cook, craft, sew etc. They usually don't expect it. Dunno why.

9/29/2009 11:43 am  #10

I am also a jack of all trades.  My current passion is making jewelry.  Beading and wire work so far.  I have just started experimenting with clay.
I tend to become passionate in my endeavors. So everything else is put on the back burner.  I am retired so I don't have any restraints on my time.
Rose
http://www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

9/29/2009 12:12 pm  #11

I do mostly paper crafts and my husband does book art / book origami.  I too am a jack of all crafts and crochet, sew, scrapbook, paper quill, origami. I'm also a certified framer and can cut custom mats and frames.  I use to work at Michaels, so i know alot of the ins and outs of crafts, the unbundance of tools and supplies.

But selling wise, it's just party supplies and home decor

~Veronica
www.BookOfArt.etsy.com
www.InvitationCreation.etsy.com

9/29/2009 1:09 pm  #12

Well as the name says, I sell jewellery.  My items use glass beads of all varieties and pearls which i love.  The items in sotre now are all silver plated, but have an order of supplies coming for sterling silver and solid copper so theirs going to be more of a mixture of items.

I am also experimenting on designing some items using wool, felt and scraps cut out of old clothes as well as buttons.

But i can also knit....and sew, and love papercrafts, but dont tend to have much of the supplies for these crafts with me.  I actually took out my knitting bag yesterday to show my 6 year old how to finger knit a flower, the same bag was given to me when i was around 10by my grandmother who actually taught me to knit and used to bring me little plastic knitting needles and all kinds of wool to try things with...my daughter so far loves it, we made a little bouquet of flowers for her teachers at school:D

but anyway i am digressing, as well as jewellery, i do bag charms, key rings and mobile phone charms which are good stocking fillers, so i'm adding those in soon:D

9/29/2009 1:25 pm  #13

Initially, I was planning to knit pocket scarves only.  Then I realized that I needed more of a variety and different price ranges.  Now I knit and crochet just about anything.  I have so many ideas but my hands can only move so fast!   

On a side note, the other day my husband asked me why I'm spending so much time on my business.  I told him "I can't stop.  My shop never closes because people are shopping online 24/7"!

~~Margie
www.kangarooknits.etsy.com

9/29/2009 1:32 pm  #14

LOL Margie i'm just like you My husband is like "dude is that all you do?" Of course it is! I told him that building a business takes alot of time and with the fact that I don't get to just sit down and do stuff because of my girls I have to take advantage of time when I can. Not to mention the fact that starting a new business no matter what requires alot of time and effort to be spent  for it to become successful and have the things it needs.

9/29/2009 3:19 pm  #15

In my shop right now I have tutus, hair accessories (clips, headbands, and infant beanies), diaper cakes and wreaths, and pacifier clips.  Currently I only have child-sized tutus available, but I can make bigger ones.    And my hair clips and headbands are varied from children's clips to adult.

~Nicole
www.monkeeta.com

Blog:  http://monkeeta.blogspot.com  |  Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/monkeeta  |  Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/monkeeta

9/30/2009 8:03 am  #16

I make gothic, Victorian-inspired and spooky jewelry. All in silver, most with Swarovski crystals or other very sparkly beads. That is pretty much it for the moment, though I'd also love to learn how to knit someday!

(oh, and, not technically handmade, but my "day job" is in page layout. So if any of you ladies need any InDesign work done, I'm your girl!)

9/30/2009 1:14 pm  #17

Let me show my ignorance, but what is InDesign work?  Thanks!

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

10/01/2009 7:22 am  #18

recycled bottles - re-crafted & hand altered
home grown bamboo - carved & embellished

That's a tagline we've used before, and sums our shop up in a nutshell. I also want to fill our  shop with diverse items, but finding a way to brand a wide range of your work is difficult...I'm finding out.

~dale

www.ocasiocasa.etsy.com
www.ocasiocasa.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/ocasiocasa

10/01/2009 8:12 am  #19

Sorry, let me translate the graphic-designer-ese for the rest of you -- InDesign is a page layout program, it's good for everything from business cards to huge textbooks. I spend 99 percent of my workday in it.

10/02/2009 9:02 am  #20

I knit and crochet and I make ladies accessories like hats and mitts to childrens toys and home decorating items like doilies and magnets. I also do some papercrafts from time to time.

10/02/2009 2:40 pm  #21

I cut stencils and make things out of paper and other recycled or upcycled materials. My shop features mostly cards right now and other stencil art. I also like to make envelopes out of whatever I have lying around.

10/03/2009 4:15 pm  #22

Well, we turn wood.  We also make lots of cool sawdust!  We make lamps, clocks, rolling pins, bowls and decorative art pieces.  Most could be used as candy/nut dishes and neat places to put your jewlery.  I also crochet, not for the shop but for me. And I quilt.  I'm clearning how to can now and will be trying my hand at some lite gardening in the spring.  I have copd and don't get out a lot, sometimes weeks go by and I haven't left the house.  Hubby is the master wood turner and I keep him pretty busy making items for the shop so fortunately he's not on my buns about the time I spend on the puter!!!  If they're involved, they seem to care less.  But he does drive me wacko over how many hearts he's got!!  LOL.

http:/lmturnedart.etsy.com

10/03/2009 4:47 pm  #23

On etsy, I make jewelry. Beading, stringing, forging, torching...

In general, I paint (silk painting, acrylics, oils!!), draw, write (poetry, prose), wet felting, sculpture (polymer clay & clay), I sew & I've just started to knit (scarves are my specialty, haha).. really I love creating & working with the materials so much I can't narrow it down!

It's fun to dabble with a little bit of everything. Although all the supplies sure do take up a lot of space! I'm lucky that the boy has two garages of his own, so he can't get jealous of my little workroom (which is in a state of perma-utter-clutter-ness!). 

http://www.BrillianceFound.etsy.com
http://www.BrillianceFound.artfire.com < a wider selection of stuff here.

Finding Brilliance has never been easier.
Shop latest collections.
Learn more.

10/03/2009 6:58 pm  #24

I sew children clothes. I mostly do girls' clothing, but am always looking for how I can add boy items...ideas???
The most fun about making the skirts I make is making the fabric combos...so fun!

10/04/2009 1:34 am  #25

oh man I love all the different things everyone does! That's so awesome

Board footera