we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2009 1:46 am  #1

Welcome Everyone!

Hey guys I just want to say welcome and thanks for being a part of our group! Please feel free to participate in discussions, post Q&A and take advantage of the different Etsy Resources! Have fun!

9/22/2009 2:20 am  #2

9/22/2009 4:36 am  #3

Re: Welcome Everyone!

Good morning! I'm looking forward to sharing any tips I have...and getting them!

9/22/2009 6:21 am  #4

Hello!

9/22/2009 8:20 am  #5

Hi all! 

~Nicole
www.monkeeta.com

Blog:  http://monkeeta.blogspot.com  |  Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/monkeeta  |  Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/monkeeta

9/22/2009 8:53 am  #6

Hi!!! I'm so glad I made the team, I hope this is fun and profitable for everyone! 

9/22/2009 9:44 am  #7

Hey guys I know this is just starting out so there's not much but i'm going to post some resources and links today. is there anything that anyone is having any trouble with? Let me know what you've done as far as social networking goes, facebook, twitter etc. Does anyone need banner or avatar help?

9/22/2009 10:23 am  #8

Hi everybody! 

9/22/2009 10:25 am  #9

OH just FYI if you guys are wondering how I got my "signature" you can click on the profile link at the top of the page and as long as you're a registered user you can change things up and create a signature to list all of your sites that you use! Need help? Just ask

9/22/2009 10:29 am  #10

Make sure you guys follow my blog as well as soulstones, we will be posting upcoming events and promotions. I'm starting my research on starting a Treasury so once we get more people gathered here I will start a Treasury forum to have everyone post their stuff that they would like to see in a Treasury. I would also like to set up some sort of group chat at some point so that we can brainstorm in real time. Let me know if you guys are interested and we'll set that up!

http://etsydlist.blogspot.com  - Soulstone's blog

9/22/2009 10:32 am  #11

Hi, Looking forward to learning and selling! Thanks, Sharon

9/22/2009 10:40 am  #12

I just started twittering last night.  It generated lots of views in only a short time for my two most recent listings.  And that's without hardly any followers!

This morning I posted my goddess trio listing to Stumbleupon.  Within an hour it had 136 views! This is a listing that had only gotten 12 views in its first week.  I'm finding it hard to believe this is all coming from stumbleupon, but I can't figure out any other explanation for it. 

This is crazy!

Oh wait, I meant to say Hi to everyone first.  So hi everyone!  I think I'm a little stunned.

9/22/2009 10:45 am  #13

That is cool IngaStitch.  Never would have thought of stumbleupon and I use it! Thanks for the tip.

9/22/2009 10:46 am  #14

Hi everyone! Looking forward to learning from you all and sharing what (admittedly little) I've come across in my etsy research!

9/22/2009 10:57 am  #15

dobatseatcats, I've learned more in the past 24hrs than I have in the past 6 months.  This is the place to be!  (keep an eye out for your feature on my blog, I really love your stuff)

9/22/2009 11:00 am  #16

9/22/2009 11:06 am  #17

wow i'm figuring out more and more how to use this message board from an administrator level and it's crazy cool! LOL Just wanted to share if there are new forums that need to be started let me know i'm trying to cover all the bases.

9/22/2009 11:12 am  #18

HC, LOL   I think we are all just venting right now ;-)  Ha!

9/22/2009 11:24 am  #19

true...and that's ok...that's what this is here for. Sometimes it's hard to get noticed in the etsy forums and sometimes people can be snobbish. Thats why i'm really excited about this....people can ask questions and say things without fear of not getting answers or getting crappy responses LOL

9/22/2009 11:38 am  #20

Have any of you thought of donating your stuff for charity auctions?  The Berkeley Humane Soc is having a Purrcasso Art & Craft Gala.  I was thinking of donating a cat hat.  Good exposure? or a waste of time.  (I'll probably donate anyway as it's a good cause)

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

9/22/2009 11:57 am  #21

fiberpuppy- I say if you can afford to do the donation go for it. Make sure to tag the item with a card or something with your shop info Not to mention as you said it's for a good cause. When I sent out my first two sales I tagged them with a card I made on my printer. I used scrapbook cardstock, in an 8.5x11 size I bought a whole packet of pastel colors and I can just use them in my printer. If you have Word there's generally a business card template, thats what I used and just filled in my info. It's good to use to remind your customers of where they purchased the item from I've read that it helps with return business as well. Also it allows them to have your contact info such as an email address so if need be they can contact you in the future. Mine simply says

The Hippie Chick Boutique
Thank you for your purchase!
www.hippiechickboutique.etsy.com
hippiechickboutique@gmail.com

and I added a cool little brush stroke peace sign at the top

9/22/2009 12:00 pm  #22

alright you guys i'm out of here for a little while but will be back later to post some more stuff I need to work on some towels for the shop and take pics of the ones I finished last night. Not to mention I need to make hubby's lunch and clean up the house! Have fun guys and thanks again for participating!

9/22/2009 12:05 pm  #23

thank you, hippiechick!

I agree, the etsy forums can be a little bit intimidating. They move SO fast and most of the advice seems to come from people who have 8,000 sales and like to tell you that if you are not promoting yourself on a zillion different forums then of COURSE you will have low/no sales. Glad to have found this place!

9/22/2009 1:32 pm  #24

yeaaaaah....at least here we're on a level playing field. I think with all of the knowledge that each of us has putting it all together will benefit everyone as a group. I don't have time to be doing a thousand different forums etc....I do have a life other than my shop, besides my kids are little and don't always allow me to just sit down and do stuff, taking care of my family is obviously a priority. So yeah...I want to figure out ways I can do it on auto pilot and just maintain them. Sounds lazy but it's all I really have time for!

9/22/2009 1:33 pm  #25

There is nothing lazy about you HippieChick!

Board footera