we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2009 1:49 pm  #1

hosting a chat

So i've been thinking about hosting a chat in the Etsy chat rooms if any of you are interested let me know when the best time is for you, what your time difference is from me... I'm west coast US. and i'll try to accommodate a time that will fit somewhere in the middle.

9/25/2009 6:01 pm  #2

Re: hosting a chat

i'm in the UK, not sure what the time difference is from you though....

I am generally up online till very late up until 3-4am in the morning...so thats probably late evening for most Americans.  just let me know and i can find the time!

9/26/2009 12:33 am  #3

Amz-I wanna say there's like a 8 hour difference. I used to call the UK at my job and at like 10 am it would be around 6ish or so....i'd always have people telling me that i'd catch them at tea time LOL

9/26/2009 10:16 am  #4

great idea! Evenings any day except Thursday work best for me due to that pesky day job thing. ;) I'm in the central time zone (Chicago)

9/26/2009 5:17 pm  #5

wow 8 hours?!, i assumed it was more like 5 hours...but maybe thats more central america??

eitherway, i'm sure it can work!

9/27/2009 5:26 pm  #6

Evenings Eastern Time for me... and weekends

9/27/2009 5:30 pm  #7

Hey All.   Just to let you know, my mom had a moderate stroke this weekend so I will be in less frequently for the next few days.  She will be ok, but she lives about 1.5 hours from me and I need to drive over over other day or so to help out with her, in addition to making up time with my day job.   Shouldn't be too long before we have her settled and I'll be back on regularly.  Please keep me posted with anything going on regarding the team.

9/28/2009 7:13 am  #8

I'm so sorry soulstone.  I'll be praying for your mom's swift recovery.

Don't forget that if things get too intense for you, that you can put your shop on vacation mode.  Then, we can have a welcome back twitter and blog party for you when things have settled down.

9/28/2009 7:19 am  #9

I'm really sorry to hear that, soulstone. sending healing thoughts for your mom.

9/28/2009 8:16 am  #10

Soulstone, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

For a chat, I'm open to days/times.  I'm in PST, so nothing too early if you do it in the morning. 

~Nicole
www.monkeeta.com

Blog:  http://monkeeta.blogspot.com  |  Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/monkeeta  |  Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/monkeeta

9/28/2009 9:15 am  #11

Hope you Mom is doing better Soulstone.

I'm east coast US. West coast (Pacific US) is 8 hours behind the UK though we need to check that when the clocks change as I think the US still changes their clocks a week before the UK. When I lived in England we always screwed up with this and ended up phoning my mother at 5 in the morning!

9/28/2009 12:34 pm  #12

Soulstone, I'm sending good thoughts your mom's way.

I'm west coast.  It would be so cool to chat live time.

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

9/29/2009 12:01 am  #13

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.  My Mom is doing ok and we have her settled in a place where she can get constant care and now I don't have to worry so much.  And, I don't have to go over as much since she is doing better.  whew!

Again, thanks so much.  I feel the love.  Hugs to you all.

9/29/2009 12:22 am  #14

That's awesome I'm so glad she's doing better How are you doing?

9/29/2009 12:37 am  #15

I'm tired, and have a lot of catching up to do, but... overall I'm doing good.  And since I finally sold something, I have an extra boost now.  I'm gonna be busy this weekend... making jewelry and catching up on all my social networking stuff. (thanks for the free networking guide tip) that will help, I'm sure.  Oh, and... I'm taking my stuff to a street festival this Saturday, so... it's gonna be crazy.

Hey, you should be in bed! 

9/29/2009 1:26 am  #16

This thing called sleep...it's for the weak LOL This is my most productive time of day because i'm alone, the kids and husband are sleeping, and it's super quiet. So i get the opportunity to read things and do some research uninterrupted I'm glad that you're doing ok, I was hoping that things were settling down for you. That's awesome you're going to the festival, that should hopefully drum up business or at least some publicity. Make sure you take a hand mirror with you in case something wants to try something on LOL a friend of mine that sells jewelry went to this fair type thing and didn't take one hahah what a bone head she is.

9/29/2009 2:47 am  #17

Hey, great idea about the hand mirror.  Wouldn't have thought of that.  Thanks!  Well, I'm off to get ready for work <sigh>  I'd rather be Etsying!

9/29/2009 11:39 am  #18

well i know how I am and when I shop jewelry I want to at least be able to hold it up to the pertinent body part to get an idea of how it'll look. another thing I read about when going to craft fairs and things of that nature...take a cute little basket with some business cards in it that have your shop url, email etc on it so that people can grab one. If you don't want to spend a fortune on having cards printed do like I did and buy the standard paper size cardstock for scrapbooking, use microsoft words business card template and print out your own. I attach one of my cards to every package that goes out. Gives them a reminder of who they bought from, I thank them for their purchase and it has my shop url and email on it.

9/29/2009 1:14 pm  #19

sorry, this is alte, but jsut wanted to send my best wishes to your mother soulstone.  wishing her a speedy recover.

9/29/2009 1:19 pm  #20

soulstone, another idea which worked well for me when selling at a school fair last year, was i had these pebbles that my grandad had sent me all different shapes and sizes, and i put them in a little basket at the front, and put a sign, pick your favourite pebble, and you get to keep it!  it was meant to be for the kids, but the adults loved it too, and it made them look at my stuff and buy, because their kids were occupied in picking which stone they wanted, some took ages, which is even better since it gave me time to tell their aprents about my etsy store, and etsy itself, and that i can do custom work etc. 

I also had my business cards at the front of the table too.  I printed them on my computer and laminated them and cut them all out.  I put a hole punch in the corner, and added some ribbon to it so it doesnt look like every other business card.  theres pictures somewhere in my blog i think.

good luck with it all:D

9/29/2009 1:26 pm  #21

Amz, very clever.. the pick a stone idea.  I like that.  Just might try it.  I actually have a bunch of tumbled rocks we did a while back that I keep moving around the house.  Wouldn't mind getting rid of those.  And, I am Soul Stone... so, I could say, pick a Soul Stone for free!

Thanks for the suggestion and the well wishes.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

One thing I'm concerned about is the fair has sort of a flea market type feel, and I'm not really open to bargaining all that much.  So, it should be interesting.

9/29/2009 1:28 pm  #22

how about having some offers up....buy 2 and get another pair of earring for half the price?

or buy the necklace, and get the earrings for free etc etc...

discount what you feel is comfortable for you while making a profit.  also have prices of things on your stall, because if someone sees soemthing and theres no price they might feel a little shy to ask, if its on there theyre more likely to buy.

10/04/2009 1:40 am  #23

it seems to me that since we're all in different time zones and it would be hard for a large number of us to gather together for a chat that I think we're just going to work with the board and the team thread on the forums at Etsy. I figure that'll be easier.

10/05/2009 7:23 am  #24

I would love to see a chat room for us. I know we are all over the place but why does it have to be only one time why can't we have 2 or even 3, that way when it's conveint you can just stop by.   
Rose

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

10/05/2009 11:24 am  #25

I don't have the time to host chats 2 or more times a week. I could do it once, if someone else wants to pick up some other times we could do that.

Board footera