we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2009 11:31 am  #1

Etsy Trading

So I was reading up on trading with other shop owners last night. I came across a site that has listed a TON of shops that are willing to do trades. Some even have posted what they have in their shops in addition to what they're looking for from others. From what I understand at this point how it works is that there's no money exchanged, but you trade eachother for items equivilant in price, now that does include the price of shipping so say an item costs 8 bucks and is 3 dollars shipping equaling 11 dollars in their shop, you would then have to offer something that is 11 dollars total with final shipping and everything tacked on. Make sense? then what you do at that point is leave eachother feedback and it gives you sales on your sales tally. Now this is very important from what i've read, do NOT lower your prices to say a dollar or something low like that because Etsy considers that fee avoidance and will shut down trading if that happens. I'm going to read more into it so that it makes more sense to me but it's just an idea for everyone to consider. There's an entire Etsy team devoted to trading. Here's the link to the site I found with the list so you guys have an opportunity to check it out and give it a try if you want. I actually found something in someones shop last night and sent them a convo asking if they'd be willing to trade Haven't heard back yet, but we'll see what happens.

http://etsytraders.blogspot.com/

9/29/2009 11:51 am  #2

Re: Etsy Trading

That looks realy interesting.  It could be a good way to get some feedback going.

Rose
Shop: www.rosepetalsjewelry.etsy.com
E-mail: rlabbate@optonline.net

10/10/2009 3:11 pm  #3

Re: Etsy Trading

Thanks for that link, I did take a look. Such a long list, It is a little overwhelming.

I have wondered if we might not think about doing a trade blitz amongst our team members.  We could ratchet up the excitement If we set one week and made a list of those who wanted to participate. We could have a promo thread going in the forums with links to willing participants and post the items that we buy or trade from team members. Not only would we increase our feedback but we could hype our team at the same time.

Board footera