we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2009 1:36 pm  #1

For those that are new or haven't participated.

I understand if you haven't participated yet, but at the same time the point of this is to interact with one another. I'm going to enforce a rule that if you want to be a part of this you need to participate at least a couple of times a week. I know we all have lives and can't just live in front of the computer, but this is a give and take environment and we need as much participation as possible. Thanks.

9/24/2009 4:26 pm  #2

Re: For those that are new or haven't participated.

i think thats fair enough.  the point of this group is to support one another, we cant do that if no one is participating!!!

I was thinking or perhaps having a theme each month, and we each create soemthing with that theme to add to our shop??  and perhaps to add to each of our blogs and a treasury if possible.  for instance, 'fairytale items', or 'winter wonderland', 'romance' etc...and see what we come up with!  just a thought!

9/24/2009 4:37 pm  #3

I like the theme idea.  Whatever we create could be added to a treasury.

http://fiberpuppy.etsy.com
fiberpuppy@comcast.net
www.fiberpuppy.blogspot.com

9/24/2009 7:19 pm  #4

I agree that the theme idea would be fun.

Charissa
Shop with us at www.mimisbabies.etsy.com
Become a Facebook Fan at www.facebook.com/mimisbabies
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mimisbabiesetsy

9/24/2009 8:48 pm  #5

yeah sounds good to me I like the theme Idea as well I hope I don't put anyone off by my statement but I do feel that you need to at least make a couple of posts here and there. I see nothing wrong with that.

9/25/2009 8:33 am  #6

Not put off. Makes sense to me!

9/25/2009 10:00 am  #7

Amz, I like that idea! I know I could always use some new inspiration or challenges.

And hippiechick, I agree, we all have lives, day jobs, families, etc. and with the holidays coming I'm sure it's only going to get busier. But I think expecting participation a couple times a week is more than fair.

Welcome to the new people, and don't be afraid to jump in -- we don't bite!

9/25/2009 10:04 am  #8

Themes!  Yes, excellent idea.  I love motivation.  And as far as the board participation being a regular thing, I do agree. Communication, and the sharing of ideas is what keeps us going.  If you will be unable to for some reason, such as a trip or family illness, or something... maybe just contact HippieChick to let her know.

9/25/2009 10:59 am  #9

Just in case your wondering... I changed my avatar.  Figured if I had a kitty as an avatar, it should be my Schmoopie!

9/25/2009 11:16 am  #10

Ok thanks guys now I don't feel out of line LOL All i'm asking is maybe a couple of posts a week, if I see in-activity I will remove that account. I just feel that if you share, then you should be able to take advantage of the information that other people share. If you don't share, how is it fair to those of us that do that people are just coming in and taking info and not interacting. Does that make sense? LOL Don't mind me i'm a little tired, i've been staying up til like 3am the last 3 nights diligently working on finding new ideas and resources, not to mention working on my orders and trying to stock the shop.

10/04/2009 12:42 pm  #11

Sounds good.  Will do my best to login as much as I have time! 

www.carasan.etsy.com

10/04/2009 10:17 pm  #12

carasan- I don't need everyone to be here every day....just when you have time and can make the 5 posts a month. That's why I made it so low I know everyone has lives and can't always be on here

10/09/2009 10:46 am  #13

I try to get in here at least a few times a week, will try to do better.  I agree we should all be invilved as much as possible in order to have a great team!!!!

http:/lmturnedart.etsy.com

10/10/2009 1:13 pm  #14

I do think there should be required participation. Unfortunately I frequently can't get to this site as I am behind firewalls. I can get onto our thread on etsy so I hope you will let that count.

10/11/2009 12:22 am  #15

vintagecarolina wrote:

I do think there should be required participation. Unfortunately I frequently can't get to this site as I am behind firewalls. I can get onto our thread on etsy so I hope you will let that count.

That's why I started the thread in addition to the board. if for some reason people don't post on the board they have the thread! So no worries i frequently pop in on both even if I don't make comments.

10/13/2009 7:16 am  #16

Amzjewellerydesigns had a great idea! 
So what kind of theme is everyone interested in working on this month? Are we going to focus on a certain color, idea, or what....  I think that it could be fun to have everyone work on a themed item and then post for all to see and hopefully make wonderful treasuries!

10/15/2009 10:55 am  #17

I just got out of the hospital so will pop in every so often.

http://2VirgosDesigns.etsy.com
Handcrafted Soaps & Such

10/15/2009 11:18 am  #18

2Virgos- Don't worry about it, I want you to feel better instead of worrying about posting on the board

10/17/2009 7:37 am  #19

I like the theme idea, just let us know what the theme is! also the 5 posts per-month is not unreasonable.

11/22/2009 11:27 pm  #20

I made my posting quota this month! LOL I've been busy sewing for a home party and finally took a break today to check in on the D list forum. I think money is tight for a lot of people these days and not a lot of people are interested in buying. I went to a local craft fair and there was a lot of looking but not much buying.

Board footera