we're going to be shutting this board down after this weekend. By sunday October 25th I would like everyone to be registered over at the new board :) If you haven't been to the new one yet it's http://etsydlist.ning.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2009 10:44 am  #1

Tell us about your success, sales, requests!

Sandy had a great idea to have a forum where we could post about our success with things, sales, or requests.

I got one this morning and responded so i'm hoping (keeping fingers crossed) that the lady responds back. She inquired about some specific prints of towels and colors but was sort of vague so I asked her a few more questions so I could put my finger on exactly what she wants.

9/23/2009 12:57 pm  #2

Re: Tell us about your success, sales, requests!

Someone accepted a bid i had made for my BookOfArt store. Also, I think some people don't want to pay the labor that is involved in my art. Why not?

~Veronica
www.BookOfArt.etsy.com
www.InvitationCreation.etsy.com

9/23/2009 1:36 pm  #3

See that's when people have issues, they need to realize that Etsy is a HANDMADE site and that it takes our hands and our time to make these items. It's not like we go poof and have something awesome. Not to mention the fact that it's not like we don't have lives outside of our creating, we take time out of our days to make something and provide it to a consumer they sometimes don't comprehend that. Maybe if you post how much time it actually takes to make one of those that it would put it in perspective as far as the labor process is concerned. Just a thought

9/23/2009 2:07 pm  #4

SWEET! The lady responded back to my original reply, I messaged her back with a few last minute questions to finalize what I need to make for her. But yeah looks hopeful

9/23/2009 2:13 pm  #5

congrats, Christy! That's awesome!

9/23/2009 2:20 pm  #6

That's fantastic Christy!  Congrats!

~~Margie
www.kangarooknits.etsy.com

9/23/2009 2:22 pm  #7

Thanks guys i'm pretty excited about it. Once I get this last response from her, off to the store I go.

9/23/2009 3:00 pm  #8

Christy, that is awesome.  I'm so happy for you!

~Nicole
www.monkeeta.com

Blog:  http://monkeeta.blogspot.com  |  Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/monkeeta  |  Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/monkeeta

9/23/2009 4:23 pm  #9

I placed my first Alchemy bid just now. I have been watching the custom requests for a few days looking for something I could do. It is intimidating to place a bid on a project that already has two dozen bids so I waited for one that was new. Its for a pair of knit socks and there were 4 bids before me. I hope she picks me!!!

9/23/2009 4:27 pm  #10

I've got one custom order in the works. It's from an old college friend of mine, but not a mercy buy! ;) She wants a mat to go in her new baby boy's nursery. I'm very excited about it.

I opened shop last week and we sent out a huge email to friends and family. We've had a few people saying they'll be bookmarking us for holiday shopping.

(but am I allowed to say how disappointed I am at how few of my friends and family even responded to the email?  )

9/23/2009 4:45 pm  #11

congrats christy

I have placed dozens of alchemy bids, but with jewellery being so popular i havent had much success, most bid reach over 30...so it is daunting.  though i did win one for a british aldy who wanted a watch for her wedding, which was really fantastic.

I did have an interested aldy in some encklace and earring sets for her bridesmaids, but she found a fellow etsian 10 mins away from her so i cant udnerstand thats preferable sicne she can meet her and see the beads and design in progress....

still waiting for another sale!

9/23/2009 5:14 pm  #12

twocats-Thats awesome! I'm keeping your mats in my mind since I have some photos that i'm wanting to hang soon. We just had family pics taken and one of my girls is very special and deserves a special surrounding I'm going to probably message you about doing something custom for it!

Amz- Thanks! I haven't tried any alchemy yet, but have thought about it alot. I hope that you find something!

9/23/2009 5:43 pm  #13

Thanks Christy! That would be great. I actually see the custom side of my business being the most important part of my shop.

9/24/2009 12:42 am  #14

twocats- No prob! I'm always up for supporting a fellow D Lister In fact I think when it comes time for me to have you make the mat i'll just send you a copy of the picture and give you creative control. I love your stuff and i'm sure you'll be able to come up with something fantastic

9/24/2009 11:02 am  #15

I woke up this morning to a sale for a different towel set in my shop to the same woman that requested the custom order. She still wants the custom order as well So that'll be two from her. And then...I posted up a crappy pic from my phone of my dia de los skeletons set on facebook last night just to show a friend of mine and another friend of mine from highschool saw them and she also saw my wine basket set and wants to pick up both probably. She told me to let her know when I post the skeleton one and she would prob buy both. Maybe even more, her kitchen is wine themed and I told her about another set that I  have that's unfinished right now so I may have 3 going to her. I'm so excited, sorry if i'm all over the place lol i'm just really giddy about this and my head is crazy haha

9/24/2009 12:25 pm  #16

That's wonderful news Christy!   A couple of weeks ago, I submitted an item on the Facebook Connection and an internet friend saw it and placed 2 custom orders.  She received the scarves yesterday and was extremely pleased with them.  It was my 1st custom order and I undercharged her so much that I only earned about $1/hr.     Oh well, small price to pay for a walking billboard! 

~~Margie

9/24/2009 12:31 pm  #17

Margie- That's awesome, not making much kind of sucks but at the same time...walking billboard...that's priceless. Sometimes you have to give to get back and in that case that's what happened! So I posted another crappy picture of another wine towel set that I have and just checked facebook and she's putting those on  pre-order. So just to her alone I should have both wine sets sold and possibly the skeleton set! How awesome! So as of right now I have two pre-orders to fill and potentially two more sales on sets that are complete!

9/24/2009 4:22 pm  #18

congrats Christy and margie

9/24/2009 5:54 pm  #19

Amzjewellerydesigns wrote:

congrats Christy and margie

~ Ditto!

I have some one in Australia asking about shipping... i think it might be $17 to ship there, because books are heavy and they don't have international media mail :/ lets see what she says.....

~Veronica
www.BookOfArt.etsy.com
www.InvitationCreation.etsy.com

9/25/2009 12:29 am  #20

USPS has a postage calculator. The only thing is you need to know how much the total package weight is. It gives you a complete breakdown of prices for every option you have and you can choose where you're shipping to on a drop down menu.

9/25/2009 4:35 am  #21

Congrats Christy and Margie!

9/25/2009 8:32 am  #22

Congrats to Christy and Margie!!!

What a wonderful feeling when someone loves your stuff!

9/25/2009 10:27 am  #23

I don't believe it!!!!  My Beer Bottle Cozys are featured in the gift guide "Dad" category!!! 
***Doing Happy Dance***

~~Margie

9/25/2009 12:12 pm  #24

Cool Margie! That's crazy awesome!!! Hey everyone check out this custom order I filled. These towels are crazy cool!!!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31543816

9/25/2009 12:27 pm  #25

congrats, margie!

Board footera